Help Desk– SME NOC Watch Specialists
Minimum Clearance Level: Secret
SME Watch Specialistsshall have at least two years of general hands on experience in a PC/network helpdesk or technical support environment and at least one year of network support specific experience. A degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline is preferred. The Contractor staff shall have at least two entry/mid-level IT certifications such as A+, CCNA, network+, etc. The candidate should have a good base of IT knowledge to draw upon and be able and willing to learn new applications and related hardware devices under general supervision. A working knowledge of technical security systems used by the DOS such as CCTV, alarms, and access control is highly desired. Current NOC shifts – 0715-1600, 1515-0000, 2315-0800. The SME Watch Specialist shall:
- Collect and track relevant data and statistics and record network operations support accomplishments for inclusion in weekly reports.
- Check Solar Winds concerning network and systems status on a recurring basis and take or initiate action to address problems or issues.
- Assign new work orders to operations support technicians/engineers within one hour of STAC notification; personally follow-up on any urgent action. Under direction of the lead network engineer, provide statistical reporting data on post communications links as required.
- Maintain a log and track metrics on network outages.
- Make post database updates.
- Maintain up-to-date IP list on SharePoint.
- Manage the daily activities of the NOC- take action for any technical faults or issues, maintain cleanliness, organization (documentation), operation and monitor the logbook.
- Ensure all tickets are acted on promptly, effectively and closed out promptly, meeting established metrics, service level agreements, and contractual obligations.
- Maintain the operations support duty roster. Make sure that 24/7/365 customer support is available.
- Provide coaching and direction to subordinate Systems Engineers (Watchstanders). Identify any weaknesses and training needs.
- Conduct quality control checks and audit work completed by other Watchstanders. Review shift and work order logs for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure that all technical support and commissioning operations are conducted in accordance with applicable policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Under the direction of the NOC Manager, initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, and complete special projects.
- Serve as the shift lead and subject matter expert for technical and resource management. Act as a conduit for communication between Watchstanders and the NOC Manager and/or level 3 technical staff.