Systems Engineer I
The Contractor shall provide a Systems Engineer I with at least two years hands-on experience in a PC/network helpdesk or technical support environment. A degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline is preferred. The ideal candidate would have at least two entry/mid-level IT certifications such as A+, CCNA, network+, etc. The candidate should have a good base of IT knowledge to draw upon and be able and willing to learn new applications and related hardware devices. Knowledge of technical security systems such as CCTV, alarms, and access control is a plus but not a requirement. The Systems Engineer I shall:
- Administer daily updates to the database tracking tool.
- Collection of operations support weekly action reports.
- Compile database metrics weekly.
- Assign new work orders to operations support technicians/engineers within one hour of
STAC notification (during business hours), personally follow-up on any urgent action.
- Check Solar Winds concerning network and systems status on a recurring basis and take action to address problems or issues.
- Perform Tier I troubleshooting, including server resets (Citrix), big brother admin, SNMPc, pinging servers, user accounts, TAVEE reports, etc.
- Under direction of the lead network engineer, provide statistical reporting data on post communications links as required.
- Maintain a log and track metrics on network outages.
- Cisco and Nortel configuration, initialization, and preparation of these devices for shipment to post.
- Post database updates.
- Maintain up-to-date IP list on NAS with shortcut to desktop of each terminal (print PDF report from post database).
- Daily management of the NOC- take action for any technical faults or issues, maintain cleanliness, organization (documentation), operation and monitor the logbook.
- Ensure all tickets are acted on promptly, effectively and closed out promptly.
- Under direction from the system administrator, image and configure workstations.
- Maintain the operations support duty roster.
- Security Clearance – Secret