ProcureTeq LLC is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of Helpdesk Specialist located in Washington DC.
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer-oriented Help Desk Specialist to join our team. The selected candidate will support the Information Technology Services (ITS) group. The ITS group supports many applications within the U.S. Department of State.
In coordination with the operations team lead, the helpdesk specialist:
- Provide technical support for the daily business functions of internal customers
- Identify source of hardware and software problems and takes appropriate corrective actions including escalating through tiered support as appropriate
- Respond to telephone calls, email, and personal requests for technical support
- Respond to trouble tickets and escalate them when the issue cannot be solved easily
- Work on projects associated with desktop support tasks such as reports, OS/software upgrades and office moves
- Ensure systems are secure from unauthorized computer access
- Assist new hires with logging in and obtaining appropriate access, cross training
- Maintain an inventory of all supported applications, services and systems
- Update documentation to record, new sites, and changes to computer configurations
- Work with Tier 2 and Tier 3 (DevOps) personnel to resolve issues
- Experience with Microsoft Server platforms and technologies.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting basic operating systems: Windows (7, 8, 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016)
- 0-2 years of overall IT experience with an emphasis on Help Desk experience
- Knowledge managing and administrating systems update and patching in an enterprise environment
- Strong organization and time management, problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills are required
- Due to face-to-face interaction with users, exceptional communication skills, desk-side manners, positive demeanor and appearance are key requirements
Clearance Required: U.S. Citizen, Secret
- CompTIA Certificate such as A+, Security+, Server+, or Network+ is a plus
Required Education: AA degree (or equivalent) with 0 to 2 years’ experience in the field or in a related area.