ProcureTeq LLC is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of Network Engineer II for an existing government client. The place of performance for this contract is in Alexandria, VA or Rosslyn, VA.
A Network Engineer II will be responsible for ensuring the stable operation and efficient performance of data networks, monitoring and managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryptors, analyzing network performance across the organization’s LANs and WANs, and identifying and developing remedies for network performance bottlenecks.
MUST HAVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE with upgrade to SCI
- Provide system administration of Network, Web, and/or communication systems, including Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems, involving network security.
- Prepare technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryptors.
- Inspect, maintain and where necessary replace network cabling and other network-related equipment. Administer hardware and software upgrades for network equipment.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use and disaster recovery.
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network products and services.
Education/Equivalent Training Required:
- A degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline is preferred.
- Juniper or Cisco network certifications are a plus.
- Three years or more of directly related experience is preferred.
- Experience with Juniper network solutions required.
- Solid working knowledge of network security measures, experience with network management and analysis tools such as Solar Winds.