ProcureTeq LLC is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of Network Engineer I for an existing government client. The place of performance is in Alexandria, VA.
The Network Engineer I will be responsible for assisting the senior network engineer in ensuring the stable operation and efficient performance of data networks, monitoring and managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryptors, analyzing network performance across the organization’s LANs and WANs, and identifying and developing remedies for network performance bottlenecks.
MUST HAVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
- Test and analyze all elements of complex network facilities (including power,
- software, communications devices, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Monitor and control the performance and status of the network resources.
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryptors.
- Inspect, maintain and where necessary replace network cabling and other network-related equipment.
- Administer hardware and software upgrades for network equipment.
- Perform network design and capacity planning. Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use and disaster recovery.
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network products and services.
Education/Equivalent Training Required:
- A degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline is preferred.
- Juniper or Cisco network certifications are a plus.
- Three years or more of directly related experience is preferred.
- Experience with Juniper network solutions required.
- Shall have a solid working knowledge of network security measures, experience with network management and analysis tools such as Solar Winds.