ProcureTeq LLC. is actively seeking a talented, versatile Senior System Engineer to secure and maintain the systems and network infrastructure for Department of State’s Office of Verification Operations, within the Bureau of Verification, Compliance, and Implementation (VCI/VO). An ideal candidate will develop system/network technical guidance and provide security best practice information to other IT professionals supporting the mission.
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Install, configure, and maintain LAN/WAN equipment, Servers, Firewalls, network services and devices.
- Maintain the dynamic multipoint virtual private network (DMVPN) architecture on the NIPRNet and SIPRNet, and include VPN in support of Active Directory.
- Provide analysis of security systems (firewalls, intrusion detection system (IDS), intrusion prevention system (IPS), etc.)
- Support administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manage all system back-up and restore protocol.
- Plan and support network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Document network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Suggest and provide IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Monitor system performance, stability and implement performance tuning.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, and anti-spam.
- Oversee software and network security.
- Ensure all IT equipment complies with industry standards.
- Assist in preparing IA audits.
- Provide the second level of support to assist the Help Desk Support/Analyst/Operator in problem resolution.
- Provide support for network and carrier services.
- Working closely with other departments/organizations and collaborating with other IT staff
- Stay informed of the network industry, and government trends, emerging technologies, regulations, and mandates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field of study
- Certifications of MCSE, CCNA/ CCNP are preferable.
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of Layer 2 and 3 network infrastructure.
- Systems: Windows, Cisco Systems.
- Hands-on experience working with either the DISA Network Infrastructure Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) or the NSA Router Security Configuration Guide.
- Have knowledge on Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS
- A minimum of 3 years experience providing PC, server and network support.
- A minimum of 3 year of hands-on experience as an MCSE.
- Previous experience providing Level 3 technical support with an undergraduate degree, or 7 years of experience without a degree.
- Hands-on experience with Servers, Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
- Current active Top Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.